Saturday, November 21, 2009

First Snow!!

Yesterday, we had our first real snow of the season here in "The Ville". At around 10:30 am, it began with little flurries, and within half an hour, it was a full blown storm. There were some of the biggest flake I have ever seen! Peyton went down for her nap and woke up at 2:00, cranky as all get out. Lance took her straight to the window and she looked outside and proclaimed "Es no-wing mommy!!". Pure enjoyment. Much the opposite from last year, when she would freak every time we tried to get her to touch it. We bundled her up, and took her out for a little snow-fest. She was laughing the whole time! Oh to be a kid again! The storm is over today, but she wanted to go outside and see the 'no-wing' again. She won't call it just snow, it is 'no-wing'. When I told her it was time to go back inside, she said "ok, bye bye no-wing, see ya!". She loves to have me put on her "pittens" too. She sits so patiently while I get her all bundled up and stick each individual little peanut finger in its slot! I wish getting ready to play in the snow didn't take so much time! But it is worth it in the end!
Pure Bliss!
Catching them on her "lengua"

Throwing a snowball at daddy!

Running to get daddy. Kind of scared me on that icy sidewalk.

Last year. Not nearly as interested in the idea of 'no-wing'

3 comments:

Holly Walton said...

That's crazy how much snow there is!! I can't wait to see what Wesley does this year with the snow. I'm sure he'll have a blast in it:)

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

I am so glad that Peyton loves the snow now! She will have lots of fun times ahead of her.

BusyMama said...

So cute! Carter had a much better time this year as well. It's actually fun now. :)