Thursday, February 5, 2009

Peyton's Face

I thought I would update everyone on Peyton's little face. I took her in to the Dr. again this morning becuse she was getting a little spot that looked like the last one when it started, right under her eye. I got scared about it being so close to her eye and so I took her in. The Dr said it was a good thing that I did because what they thought was a Spider Bite is actually called MRSA. It is a staff infection that is resistant to normal antibiotics. So the Ammoxicillin wasn't working at all. They put her on something else that is stronger and is supposed to work a little better, but it is definately a scary disease. Everytime I look it up online they call it a "superbug" and say it is spreading all over the US and becoming more and more resistant to any antibiotics that we have. Just keep her in your prayers. At least she is still a happy baby!

3 comments:

Rennie said...

Poor little baby girl. Good thing they figured that out early since it's on her face!

Hugs from her "Aunt Rennie"...:)

Kari Badell said...

Did they figure out how she got it? And how did they say it can be prevented, if possible?

Hope Peyton feels better with the new medicine...that's so scary.

Carolyn G said...

Scary! :( I hope she heals soon.