Friday, February 26, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Every night at bedtime we have a routine. First it is a bath (not every night, cause her skin is so dry, but most). Then we get our PJs on and watch a Baby Einstein Video or a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse video to calm down. While we watch that, she gets a drink of milk with her L-lysine tablet in it for her face. As soon as her show is over, she hops down to the floor and gets "on my knees! Tims for prayer mommy!" We say prayer and she jumps up to give 'besos' (kisses) to all who are present and runs to her big girl bed where her 2 bears and her minnie mouse are awaiting her arrival patiently. She climbs into bed and lately she has asked for "mommy lay down sing temple song". So I lay with her and rub her face and run my fingers through her hair and sing I love to see the temple to her. This is my absolute favorite part of my day. I hope that it doesnt go away, but I don't think she will always be so anxious to go to bed, or to have her mommy lay down with her when she does. Until then...Here is my princess sound asleep!

I can't really complain though, she has been a good sleeper. Peyton at around 1 month old...Taking a nap.

No comments: