Saturday, March 20, 2010

Parker Lane Lively

Parker Lane Lively came to us on Wednesday, March 17th at 9:35 via c-section. Lance and I went in on Tuesday for an induction at noon and when they checked me, nothing had progressed. They came in and talked to us to discuss our options. Because I was not progressing at all, Lance and I decided our best option was to go ahead and have the c-section as soon as possible. Even if I went through with the induction, becuase I had not progressed more than 1 cm, it would have taken days for me to go into labor and the likelyhood of me needing an emergency c-section anyway was very high. We sent the Dr's out of the room and Lance and I talked it over. We decided my body is probably not made to have children naturally and that I was strong enough to deal with another c-section. We scheduled with the hospital to go back the next morning and it seemed to work out for the best. After the section, the Dr said I definately made the right decision. Parker was still floating around in there and his head was not even engaged. I think that he was just happy being in there forever. I, on the other hand, was not!
He is such a good baby and has brought us so much joy just in the 3 days he has been on this earth. Peyton was able to come to the hospital that same day and play with him and hold him. She said "I love you so much baby Parker" and I asked her if she wanted him to come home with us, to which her reply was "um, no". We have been home for about 6 hours and she has been doing great with him. She has had a fever for the past 3 days so she wasn't able to come back to the hospital and I have tried to keep her away from him as much as I can. She just wants to kiss and hold him. Luckily she has her own baby now with a bed and car seat and a bouncer, so she can hold her baby while mommy holds mommy's baby!
I am excited to start our new lives as a family of 4. I know that the Lord puts us in situations to overcome so we can be even more grateful for what we have. I love my little babies, and I love my husband for taking care of us and being the great husband and father that he is. Here are a couple pictures for you to enjoy!



6 comments:

Nicole said...

He's ADORABLE! Looks just like an Allen. Very cute! Congrats! ;) Hope to see you all in May when I come to sac town for a visit!

Carolyn G said...

So cute! Congrats to you guys.

The Dish said...

Welcome to the family PARKER !

Brittney said...

He is soo darling!! Lily was born on the 17th too! I love having a boy...can't to watch parker grow

Jon and Mindy Niu said...

So happy for you and your beautiful family. It really is amazing how the Lord knows best. Much love to you!

Katie said...

SO CUTE!
CONGRATS!
are you still in Sac?