Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning

The Easter Bunny even found us at Nana and Papa's house! Peyton woke up a little crabby this morning because she couldn't go according to her usual schedule, so I took her downstairs to show her that the Easter Bunny came to visit. It took her some convincing to actually LOOK for the eggs, but once she got going, she was so excited! I never knew it would bring me such joy to watch my child be so happy. One of the talks during conference this morning said something about how our Heavenly Father and Jesus love our children even more than we do. I find such comfort in knowing this, and wonder how it is possible, but do not doubt its truth.
I am grateful this Easter Morning for the knowledge I have, that our Savior lives and loves me and my family more than I could ever imagine. I am so grateful for Him and the atonement to allow me to live forever with my family, to repent of any wrong I have done, or will do, and be with those whom I love forever. It is this that is the true meaning of Easter, but I am also grateful for the happiness I get to share with my children in the fun little things such as the Easter Bunny. She may be young, but I know she knows who Jesus is when we walk through church and she points to His pictures. And when she drops to her knees at night so we can say prayers. It is these little things in life that comfort me in thinking that I am doing some things right as a parent.



No comments: