Thursday, December 8, 2011

P1's Testimony

At church on Sunday, P1 was sitting coloring in her book during Fast and Testimony meeting. A young girl, about 8 years old, went up and bore her testimony and P1 looked at me and said "Mommy, I want to go up there!" I am not really a fan of parents going up and whispering in their child's ear what their testimony should be, so I was against it at first. A couple other people went up and she continued to ask if she could take a turn. I came up with a plan and asked her again if she was sure she wanted to go, informing her that she would have to do it all by herself. She told me yes, she wanted a turn. I walked up with her and say on the front row of the pews as she continued the rest of the way up the stairs. They 1st Counselor in the Bishopric pulled the step up for her and pulled the microphone down. My little peanut looked right at me and said "now mommy?" and I nodded. She proceeded to speak into the microphone "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost." After that, she stepped down and went back to her seat. Nothing more needed to be said. Her 3 year old testimony was pure and simple, but exactly what SHE believes. I have never been so proud of her in my life! I am so grateful Heavenly Father has given me such a special little girl who is so smart and beautiful. I love you my little Pooks, with all my heart. Thank you for choosing to come to this family. You make us happy everyday!

No comments: