Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Its my potty and I'll cry if I want to

The weather here in Susanville has finally changed to Summer. It was late coming this year, but it finally came. This week has been especially warm, with temperatures in the upper 80s to lower 90s. Nothing like back home, but still, I'm not a big fan. What I am a big fan of is that I get to spend time outside with my family. Peyton would play outside ALL DAY LONG if I let her. She is so happy when she gets to ride her bike or even just play in the dirt.
We have been able to go to the lake a lot lately (at least once a week) and she loves it. For some reason, it takes her a little while to warm up to the idea that we are there and not going anywhere. After the long drive (it is about 45 minutes away) the first thing she has to do is go to the bathroom. Because she is just learning and getting the whole potty thing down she won't let me put a diaper on her, nor will she just "pop a squat" (such a priss!). She also will not go in the lake. Because there is no bathroom at the lake I had to come up with a plan, or she would have probably held it until she exploded. Or cried until my head exploded. Either scenario; no bueno. So...my brilliant mind came up with the idea of giving her her $1 bucket from walmart to go tinkle in. At first, she was very against this idea as well, but I calmly told her she would be fine and then coaxed her into going. SUCCESS!! She went and now everytime we go to the lake, the first thing she says is "I go potty in the bucket?" Such a crackup.
I think that her funniest time of day (most days) is right when she wakes up from her nap. She has the best demeanor and is just happy happy happy. Here is a picture of her right after she woke up from her nap (you can tell by her hair) and she was wearing daddy's shoes and shuffling around talking to me.

No comments: