Friday, June 25, 2010

Tadaaaaaa!!

I am finally blogging again! Hooray! Now, I know you are all concerned as to why I have been away for so long and I am here to tell you. We have our desktop computer in Peyton's room. Strange, I know, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. So...the only time I am able to get on the computer for more than 5 minutes at a time is when both my kiddos are sleeping. Not happenening when the computer is in her room. So my DH went and bought a new laptop for the living room. Nothing too fancy cause I want an iPad next year when the 2nd version comes out so we are saving our pennies. But it does allow me to keep better at updating my blog.

On to the updates. Peyton is so much fun. She is just growing into her own little person. She is constantly on the go. In fact, yesterday, Lance and I just sat there and watched as she literally RAN back and forth from the kitchen, to the living room down the hall and back OVER AND OVER AND OVER!! Then, when she got bored of that, she stood in front of us and ran IN CIRCLES (yes like a dog chasing its tail) repeatedly. We were cracking up. I love to have little conversations with her. She is getting so good at talking now that we can carry on a whole conversation for the most part. An example of a conversation between her and I today (I was outside pulling weeds):

me:"whatcha doin' babe?"
P: "I pullin' the weeds mom, what you doin?"
me: "I'm pulling the weeds too"
P: "oh, how nice!"

She just cracks me up with some of the things that come out of her mouth! Another thing she has been doing is some "trick" she makes up (like jumping off the stone lining our flowerbed in the front) and throwing her hands out to the side and yell "tadaaaaa!". Some of her favorite things to do lately are; go to the park (she loves the slide and swing), go to the lake, go to the library (there is a little preschool mom and me read-a-long on Wednesdays), water the plants with daddy, ride her bike, play with Parker, go to lunch with mommy and daddy when daddy is home, help mommy with cooking and taking a bath. Here she is eating some pizza while out on the town with mommy and daddy.



Parker is just growing right before our eyes! He is starting to reach up and grab things (he loves his black and white whale that his Aunt Amber got for him that hangs on his carseat handle) and he loves to stand up and use his little chunky legs! When he is lying down he kicks like a mad-man and is constantly on the go (too bad he can't go far yet!). The other day I walked into his room and his little head was straight up and looking around like a little turtle. He is the happiest baby, constantly smiling and laughing and always "talking" to me. He goes to anyone and is content to just sit in his swing when mommy needs her hands to cook or clean. It is amazing to me how different my two children are and they are only 2 and 3 months! The two of them make Lance and I so happy, it is hard to explain!
Here is our "turtle":



Lance has been blessed to have his schedule changed so that we get to see him more often. He now works 2nd watch (6 am-2 pm) which allows us to have a lot more time with daddy. He is home at night and Peyton loves to spend this time with her dad. She loves that when she wakes up from her nap daddy is there! Sometimes she acts so suprised to see him there! Lance has been working so hard to try and make our lives more comfortable. He has done the maximum amount of overtimes every month for the past couple months allowing us to be very financially blessed. Our yard looks great thanks to his dedication and pride in our home. When he isn't at work, he is home doing some project to better our house.

I love that my husband works hard so that I can stay home and raise my children. I never thought that it would be so rewarding to spend time with a 2 year old and a baby, day after day. It is definately the best thing in the world. I can honestly say there are rough days, but I can't really complain and feel good about myself. I have it so easy compared to a lot of people. My children are both mild tempered and happy, as long as they stay on schedule. I have a wonderful husband who makes me happy and a beautiful home that I am able to make better everyday. I am so blessed with all the things the Lord has given to me in my life right now. Just when I think it can't get any better...it does!

2 comments:

Carolyn G said...

It's good to hear all the updates! Your kids are so cute.

Katie said...

Yay! You updated!!!!
Those kids are so cute!