Thursday, December 4, 2008

Its Christmas...


Last year, Grandma Lively (Nana) gave Peyton this little people train set. She wasn't even born yet. Who knew that Christmas would come so fast? She is already 8 months old! She had so much fun pushing this little train around and listening to it while it sang Jingle Bells to her. I can't wait until I have a little one running around the house singing Christmas songs all season long! (well I can, cause I don't want her to get any bigger!) We went and got our Christmas tree today. Everyone up here in Susanville goes and cuts theirs down, and Lance would have been overjoyed if that would have been the situation for our family, but I just couldn't imagine hiking up a hill with an 8 month old in tow and sawing a tree down...after searching for hours until I found the right one (I am kind of picky about my trees). Anyway, we went right up the street to Walmart and bought a nice, full 7 footer for $45. Worth every penny. Christmas is Definately my favorite time of year. I don't think there is any other part of the year that even comes close. I love the smell outside (and Susanville is particularly wondeful in that area). The brisk air is also good. I love the music that is on in the stores and the decorations that are up everywhere you go. And is it just me, or are more people nicer at this time of year? I love the summertime, but I would way rather be cold than hot anyday. And seeing as there are no beaches round here, there is nothing to really quench my thirst for the water when it is hot outside. So winter it is. Though I have never had to go to sleep with sweatshirt and socks on everynight as I do here. Oh how I long for central heating!


1 comment:

Camber Casper said...

Oh Pei Wei, you are so cute! My kids love anything Little People too. I am going to have to agree about Christmas time, I love it more every year!