Monday, December 22, 2008

Here comes Santa Claus...


Today was the day! I wanted a picture of Peyton with Santa. We met the in-laws at Arden Fair where we waited in line for AN HOUR AND A HALF! Thats right folks. And hour and a half. All I kept thinking was, is this Santa going to be a pedaphile? Will she scream her head off as soon as I put her down on his lap? Why am I so insane as to stand and wait here for this long? But in the end it was all worth it! She was happy the whole time we stood in line, and I couldn't believe it, but when I put her on his lap, she looked right at him and completely fell in love! My child, who is petrified of her own grandparents until she finally remembers them, was as happy as you can imagine with this random man they call Santa Claus.
I was overjoyed! My baby was happy, and I had to beg her to look over at me. Finally she did, and we got the best picture of her. It was $20, but the memories will last forever. And might I also add, this was the best Santa Claus I have ever seen! He looked so real and he definately had a way with kids. She had her hand in her mouth, and he gently pulled it down and held it there. Lance went up to talk to him for a minute while I picked out the picture and Santa told him that they fly him all the way from Seattle!! He works for 30 days before Christmas and makes enough money to support his family for 6 months! I am thinking about becomming a Santa Claus with that income! Either way, he was the best. I am thouroughly pleased with our whole experience, and I got exactly what I wanted. I hope it goes as well with the next kid! (no I am not dropping any hints Christina!)

1 comment:

Katie said...

SHe is so cute!
That is awesome. I had too many kids to take to Arden Fair Mall.
I am so glad it was fun, and I am way jealous that you are in Sacramento. When you coming back!?