Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today was a very important day...It was voting day! How exciting! I love watching the polls all day and seeing how everything works out. I told my husband today that I always wanting to be one of those people who write on the big board with my finger and circle certain state and give people information. He told me the name of that board is called a telestrator. What a cool word! And it makes perfect sense! Well, I won't hold my breath in hoping that I can be one of them someday, but for know I will just settle on the fact that "my vote counts!" I voted via absentee ballot (which I always do) but Peyton and I went with daddy today to vote and we both got stickers. She was such a good girl at the polls, and of course, everyone loved her. I wish I could have had her vote count for mine too! I know that voting is important. I love that I have the blessing of living in a free country where I can go out and vote for the things that are important to me. I am so glad that my parents and my husbands parents have instilled in both of us the importance of voting and that we both enjoying doing it. This election is probably the most important in our lives. We are fighting evil in its most prominent form. 8 years ago, prop 22 was voted for and passed, defining marriage as between a man and a woman. This year, 4 judges in the state voted against what the people already voted and wrote into our state constitution that marriage was not between man and woman, and whomever wanted to marry each other, man and man or woman and woman, or man and woman, could do so.
We have been taught our whole lives that we were saved for these latter days for a specific reason. I truly believe that one of those reasons I am here at this time is to fight against this and stand up for marriage to be defined as between a man and a woman. It is what our Father in Heaven wants, and it therefore, is what I want. I truly hope that tomorrow we will see and overwhelming vote in favor of Proposition 8.
I know most of you know about this whole thing, but remember I write for myself and for my posterity as well...So if this bores you, sorry!

1 comment:

Camber Casper said...

That was very insightful. Thank you!