Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dont know what to title this one.

So I get on here everyday, hoping that my friends write something new so that I have something to read. Then I got to thinking...I haven't written anything in almost a week! I can't let that happen. I promised myself that I would do a good job at this and I am not doing a very good job! Well, I am back! My sister told me last night that you can make your blog into a book for around $12-$20 depending on if you want it hardback or softback. I just think that is such a good idea! Now it can definately be my journal, and I am a much faster typer than I am at writing! So I will try to write 2-3 times a week and at the end of the year make it into a book or two! Last Thursday night I went to a "twilight" party. It was a lot of fun. I have tried really hard to get out there and meet people here in Susanville. I have noticed that there are a lot of people who already have their friends and people they hang out with, so it is harder than expected to wedge my way into their cirlces. But when I got the invite to go to the party, (even though it was at 9 pm!!! ~ my bedtime!) I was so excited! I came home immediately and told my husband and he said, I will take care of the baby, you go enjoy yourself. And I did. Almost everyone else went to see the midnight showing of the movie Twilight, but I went home. While I can stay awake for a couple hours past 9, midnight is just out of the question! Plus, my sisters and I are planning on seeing it next week together in Sacramento. Back home it was so easy for me. I didn't care if I had friends. I had my sisters, and that is who I hung out with. That is who I wanted to be with. But here, I have to make friends. Things are coming along slowly but surely. I hope that as time goes on living here in Susanville, I will get more and more friends, and hopefully wedge my little butt (I know its not little) into some of these circles of friends. I am beginning to like Susanville (not love...) and I think it is the people who are opening up and inviting me places. There is one in particular...you know who are...Thank you from the bottom of my heart for always remembering to invite little ol' Ashley! Now that I have made myself seem like a pathetic loser...sorry about the ranting!

4 comments:

Camber Casper said...

Oh I am so there with you! It is hard trying to find those people you would be good friends with. It will happen, I hope!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, your scotcharoos were so yummy! Thank you for making them! I know it's not easy making new friends. I HATED Susanville for the first two years that I lived here, because I had no friends! There are some great people in our ward and it's hard to meet everyone when you're in Primary, but I really feel like I'm getting to know you better because of Facebook and your blog! Hey, before you know it, you're going to have so many friends, you won't know what to do! ;)

Katie said...

Well, You are welcome in my circle...not that I am really in one...you silly...anytime.
I totally get the sister thing. They are my bestest friends.
I hated it here too. Most days I still do. But I am finding alot more friends than I even knew I had.
The party was fun. And the sweet treat you brought was the best of the night.
I hope you like the movie. If you do, a bunch of us girls are going again to see it after thanksgiving. Way earlier than 9pm...lol
Us sacramento girls have got to stick together.

Danielle said...

ashley- hi i have yet to meet you but i have seen your pic of facebook and saw your blog on katie's blog so i thought i would check it out-

i too hated susanville when i first got here but now i would not trade it i love it here i lived in town for oh gosh 5 years and now have lived in janesville for 4 you will begin to meet people don't worry some day soon you will say oh wait you know so and so too to one of your friends and you will realize how small town this is LOL it is hard too with a baby don't let it stop you though hope to meet you one day